Tuesday, February 24, 2009

THE PASSING OF A SDARA

Received a call from Ismail Shamsuddin aka Pak Mat: "Just received news from a friend. Sdara Mohd Hanip, the one that you emailed everyone when he was warded in hospital Kemaman, passed away 7.15 this morning".

I was dumbfounded. Guilty feeling crept in inside me. I was guilty, no doubt. Guilty for failing to visit him after our fast and hurried first visit. My wife and I visited him in the ward just as visiting time was almost over.

I promised everybody that I would visit him later and tell about his progress. But the busy workload and all the travels prevented me from fulfilling my promise.

I quickly contacted his son (I even didn't know his name) and asked him about the details of his father's passing.

I also called Sakinan, my standard six classmate and a nurse there, asking him to trace Mohd Hanip - just to be sure that I didn't confuse another man for him. She told me that she was busy and couldn't help, but she told me that it would be unlikely for a patient with Leptospirosis to be warded for that long.

The his son answered my sms. The late Hanip passed away in KT Hospital. He would be brought back to Penang for burial.

May Allah blessed his soul and place him amongst His beloveds.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: DON'T PROCRASTINATE, VISIT YOUR LOVED ONES NOW, TODAY...FOR LIFE IS SO FRAGILE...YOU'LL NEVER KNOW IF YOU'LL EVER MEET HIM OR HER AGAIN...

No comments: