Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ANIMAL ANATOMY VS VETERINARY PATHOLOGY?

Strangely before this I never considered myself an animal anatomy expert. In fact, come to think of it, I found anatomy as a mind-boggling subject.

Now I am teaching animal anatomy. Who am I to teach anatomy? People may ask me this question.

Who am I now, beside a lecturer?

Well, I have been an anatomic or diagnostic pathologist for years without consciously recognizing the word 'anatomic'.

Without knowing anatomy, both gross and microscopic (histology) how could I describe things.

Without knowing the normal gross and microscopic anatomy how can I know that something is abnormal or something is missing or something is not supposed to be there?

I am an expert in animal anatomy then, no one can deny it. Thus, I am competent to teach the students animal anatomy. Tell me that, Dato' Dr Azahar.

No, I don't mean to brag. I'm just psyching myself to stand tall in this noble profession.

It is tough, I'm telling you, to transform myself from a manager, a director of a government department to a lecturer, a teacher.

It is just two-months now since I first joined UniSZA. I have got all the time in the world.

I have been spicing up my anatomy lectures with with pathology and diseases, both of animals' and human's so that they can appreciate more what I teach them.

Imagine them seeing for the first time chicken testicles in the abdominal cavity.
"How then Prof, they produce sperm with all the heat?"

It's Allah's mighty power. Chickens' male reproductive system is blessed with a complex circulatory system to give the testicles an environment suitable for the continuation of chickens' species..ha ha

Well, actually even the mighty elephants have intra-abdominal testicles!

No comments: