Friday, January 22, 2010

THE POOR CAT

This morning as I was on my way to work I saw a cat suddenly dashing across the road in front of a Land cruiser. It made it beneath the moving up to the centre of vehicle's body.

Then the left rear tyre crushed the back of the cat. I could almost hear the sound of bones crushed under the impact.

The cat went limp and lay there, motionless. The car driver did not stop, perhaps he was not even aware that he had ran over a cat.

I being the next car behind saw everything, but could not do anything to stop the tragic accident.

I just continued my driving when I realized that the cat was most probably already dead seconds after its body was ran over by the land
cruiser.

I hope that somebody would pick it up and not allow it to be turned into a pancake and later be picked up by the forever searching scavenging crows.

May you rest in peace my dear cat.

No comments: