Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OF NAUSEA AND SHOOTING DIARRHEA

I was nauseus, had low grade fever and a general malaise. The abdomen was hard and distended with gas. Braving all those symptoms, I made myself conspicuous at the grand launching of Lanchang Food Park by the Prime Minister.

There was no representative from HQ.

To me, ECER was robbing DOA Pahang's hard works...it all looked as if ECER was the real player...in reality, it just organized the extravaganza launching ceremony, that was all there was to it.

Immediately after lunch and with no 'from-Lanchang-to-London' papaya as token, I quickly left Lanchang for Port Dickson.

The venue for the New National Agriculture Policy workshop was Corus Hotel.

I was in the Deer group. I could not do much with the condition I was in. All I could do was to give a few ideas to what we should plan for deeer industry in Malaysia.

News from home - Mrs and daughter were down with the same symptoms. I wondered what it was. I did not think that it was a case of food poisoning. I was more inclined towards a virus...stomach flu may be.

Early morning the second day I was in PD I began to have shooting diarrhea. It went on and on throughout most of the day and the next day.

As usual, with that amount of going to the toilet came my friend, the hemorrhoids. It not only showed itself but with it came the bleeding. The toilet bowl and the toilet floor was decorated with spots of fresh blood!

Luckily for me, the prescription of Flagyl )antibiotics) and Immodium (anti-diarrhea), though late as usual, successfully stopped the diarrhea.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I certainly hope that you and your family are feeling better.

Take good care of yourselves.

Melissa said...

I certainly hope that you and your family are feeling better.

Take good care of yourselves.

azahar said...

Thanks God we're ok now. The hemorrhoids still bleed on and off.