Thursday, January 22, 2009

A STORY FIT FOR A NOVEL

I was surprised, to say the least, to hear him pouring out his feelings the way he did, with all the graphic details. His disclosure came very close to scenes normally shown by a blue film.

At first I could not believe it. Just could not believe what I was hearing - almost an hour of one-sided over-the-phone narration of what had happened between them two.

He sounded a very stressed man. He openly claimed that she was very cruel to him (ironic isn't it?) and because of that he could not sleep at nights - he became somewhat obsessive and impulsive.

He was my lecturer and she was my subordinate officer.

He told me that his wife was having an extra-marital affair with a foreigner. No wonder she looked different when I last saw her. She was rather revealing that time around.

To check the reliability of the story, I asked her friends. They all said that it was true. They also could not believe that such a thing could happen.

Their story was unique by itself. She, being her student, could fall in love with him and he, a married man, could leave his wife and children for a girl much very younger than him.

There was quite a war between them at that time. I think what had happened to him now was a sort of punishment from God for what he had done in the past.

It was a story fit to be a novel (I'm working on it). Hope to finish it after I retired.

The latest I heard was that they were finally and legally divorced and he is getting married soon and she did not make the marriage any easier.


No comments: