Monday, March 8, 2010

IT'S A SMALL WORLD

Last Saturday 6 March we went to Roneza's wedding reception in Kampung Mak Chili. She is my staff in Bentong.

From where I parked my car we could hear the sound of that familiar traditional music, the silat music. It has been a long time since I last saw silat at wedding receptions.

I was happy that Roneza's family still remember the days when silat was a must in many of our Malay ceremonies.

There was already a big crowd at Roneza's house. All were eager to taste the nasi minyak, beef and chevon curry served.

The three of us walked straight to the house to congratulate Roneza on her wedding. Just as I was about to enter the house, a man, very familiar man, walked to me and said: "Azahar, isn't it?"

It was Abu Bakar Kassim, my standard six classmate! From then on we talked and talked till it was time for us to leave the party.

Actually Roneza's mother and Abu Bakar, they were cousins. It was indeed a small world.

Roneza was elegant in her purple wedding dress. We all took turn to have our picture taken. The mak andam of the day was non other than Ana, my wife's cousin.

I loved the beef and chevon curry. They were delicious!

No comments: