Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DIYANA'S LAST FEW DAYS IN JAKIM

I think I know how Diyana is feeling right now. I had gone through the same predicament when I first started work some twenty more years ago.

The work and responsibility burden that she has to handle and manage right now are just too big for a newcomer like her.

She is all alone in the Legal section of JAKIM. Her boss was transferred within such a short notice. Her immediate boss was on maternal leave, or rather was given a bed-rest order before that big day. To cap it all, Diyana did not receive any handing over notes from the two.

Yesterday she was at the parliament representing her department. There are meetings to attend, agreements to read and legal opinion to give. A daunting responsibility for one so green in working life.

But knowing her, I am confident she can do it very well. This trying period is teaching her how to deal with the stress of working life she has to face later on. She is just too responsible to leave her work unfinished. Imagine she has only six more working days before moving to PETRONAS and yet she is still worried about not being able to give her best in her remaining job!

Even for me, I will just do whatever I could in her situation. Why worry about it? But that is not our Diyana. She still strongly feels that it is her responsibility to finish all her jobs in whatever time remaining.

As a father I just told her that this is the experience that she could not find anywhere. To work with no supervision, no boss to guide and to do the job well.

Good luck Diyana, don't overstress yourself in doing others' jobs. May Allah guide you to a better future in PETRONAS and in your life.

3 comments:

Kakak said...

Thanks for having so much confidence in me even I'm doubting myself.. still swaped with work, but only FIVE more days to go!:D

Kakak said...

Thanks for having so much confidence in me even I'm doubting myself.. still swamped with work, but only FIVE more days to go!:D

azahar said...

Enjoy the pressure and stress of work..ha ha ha They mature you and such an experience is not easy to come by...years later you will know how lucky you have been (though now you hate it)...I am talking from personal experience when as a newcomer my boss ask me to do everything!